The History of GulfStream Lodge #245
The Building of GulfStream Lodge
Gulf Stream Lodge #245 Free and Accepted Masons was recognized UD in 1916 under Worshipful Master G. Sherman Childs. The officers served the lodge until its charter in 1918 and met at the Fuquay Building on Lake Avenue, Lake Worth, Florida until 1926. On July 18 1964, Most Worshipful Hobert Damron Pelhank, Grand Master of Masons in Florida, laid the cornerstone for Gulf Stream’s home for the next 38 years. The newly constructed building stood at 1760 Lake Worth Road, Lake Worth, Florida until in 2002 when the City of Lake Worth purchased the property for community development. Since the sale of its building Gulf Stream has met in various locations including Greenacres, The Scottish Rite Masonic Center of Lake Worth, and West Palm Beach. Regardless of its meeting location Gulf Stream has continued to serve the community of Lake Worth and citizens of Palm Beach County.